Total Gym XLS Trainer Review
If you’re like most people, when you see something on a late night infomercial it’s hard to take it seriously. However the Total Gym XLS Trainer should be an exception. This is a serious workout machine for anyone looking to gain muscle or lose body fat.
In one way, it’s similar to all Total Gym exercise equipment, all of which are best sellers by the way. The Total Gym XLS Trainer is somewhat Pilates based, meaning that it uses cables and a sliding seat to give you the exercise resistance. It is small in size, but the results can be potentially very large.
Gravity. Yup, the resistance that you work against is that force discovered by Isaac Newton. You are essentially working your body wait against gravity when you sit on the sliding seat and pull on the handles attached to pulleys. The amount of energy needed will depend on the exercise you are doing and the incline level you use. But you’re not limited to seated exercises. You can hit a standing up position and do squats to workout your glutes and legs. Your going to make just a few tweaks to traditional resistance exercises, and by doing so you can pretty much hit, tone, sculpt and strengthen every muscle group in your body.
Understand that the Total Gym XLS Trainer
is not like any other home gym that’s currently being marketed. And since it’s not exactly traditional, some people may have a little trouble figuring out the best way to utilize all it’s features. Fortunately, the manufacturers realize their machine is a little different, and they help you along with loads of info on how to do just about every sculpting and every muscle building exercise that’s possible with this piece of equipment. Oh and when you’re finished your workout, you can easily store this gym under your bed or in your closet.
Total Gym XLS Trainer Features
Let’s quickly list off some of the features you get with this home gym.
- Durability. The Total Gym XLS Trainer will give you years of great workouts.
- We talked about gravity based resistance. This type of resistance is as effective as free weights but smoother.
- Targets all the muscle groups in your body to help you tone and sculpt all over.
- Added comfort over previous models with a new cable and pulley system, a new board for gliding that included a head support, and the ability to squat which helps with building your lower muscles.
- Included a Pilates kit, a leg pull accessory, strap handles, a wing attachment and a selection of workout plans that you can look through and choose the best one for you.
- Ideal for heavier users since it can now support up to 400 pounds.
What do customers say about the Total Gym XLS Trainer?
Check out the reviews on Amazon and you’ll find over 40 of them, and the average review is 4.6 stars. That’s exceptionally good. The biggest complaint seems to be the difficulty in learning how to use it. But remember we told you that there are very complete instructions and pre-made workout plans. Using these you’ll get past the learning curve very quickly and get on to the business of getting fit and toned.
Most people like the idea of a home gym. They don’t have to leave the house to do their workouts and get fit. And they don’t have to workout in front of others. If that’s you, you can still get the fitness results you are looking for with the Total Gym XLS Trainer.